Sunday, July 5, 2009

Appreciate Yourself

For a long time I wanted to go on a vacation all by myself or with some friends. I just wanted to have some time to myself. I was looking forward to the annual picnic to Matheran (a nearby hill station) in the second week of July.

Yesterday on a spur of the moment we decided to have a complete day roaming around in Mumbai. We visited the Gateway of India, went for a movie and a quiet dinner. The Rain Gods were also happy yesterday. We walked around the Gateway of India and the Colaba Causeway admiring the roadside shops. We were soaked to the bone and cold yet it was the most wonderful experience.

While this morning I was just standing by the window, watching the sparrows playing and chirping around.

Yesterday I was surrounded with people, hundreds of them. While this morning I was alone admiring the nature outside my window. So being in midst of the crowd or alone I was able to find that time I wanted to myself. I guess because I was at peace with myself and appreciating myself. Hence I could appreciate the things around me.

Life has its own way of teaching us of how to appreciate life and the things we have been granted. One may not need elaborate endeavours but can be enjoyed in small measures.

Ultimately if you value yourself and you will be able to value others too, people or things.

1 comment:

Vijit said...

I agree with you. an outing need not be grand especially if the company you are having is good.